City Council Goals
Over the past three years, the City has made significant progress toward fulfilling a sound strategic vision. In January 2018, Council conducted a planning workshop and updated a list of strategic targets and tiered priorities for 2018. Guiding principles, strategic targets and priority goals are provided below. For a full copy of the report, please use the following link:
- Follow our Long-Range Financial Plan to ensure financial stability and sustainability.
- Operate in a transparent and open manner to earn and keep the trust of our community.
- Create a long-term vision while focusing on meeting day-to-day challenges and taking care of the "small things" that matter to the community.
- Maintain and expand relationships with partner agencies, private sector and organizations to extend capacity in carrying out and funding priority projects.
- Support the professional development of our employees with a focus on continuous improvement in all that we do.
- Measure successes and communicate them to the community.
- Implement voter-approved decisions on taxes and other laws fully with integrity: Honor voter intent.
2019 Strategic Targets
- Public Safety
- Fiscal Sustainability
- Economic Development
Priority Goals: Tier 1
- Develop solutions to address homelessness, including increasing the affordable housing supply
- Focus on crime reduction, including group gun violence, blight reduction, and outreach for focus areas
- Prioritize resource allocation to focus areas within Council Districts
- Develop our core downtown
Priority Goals: Tier 2
- Develop business incentives, including incentive tools for underserved neighborhoods
- Council and staff to work with education partners to help create a better quality of life, increase literacy, funding scholarships for college, retain employees and develop the workforce development
- Engage private employers and the business community in workforce development and job placement (including individuals with criminal records); develop an employment pipeline for Stockton residents to Stockton employers
2018 Strategic Targets
Tier 1 Priority Goals
Tier 2 Priority Goals
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 3/7/2019