Opening a Utility Account
- Utility accounts for addresses in the City of Stockton water service area are established only for property owners or their legal tenants.
- Application for service is required for each address.
- Be prepared to provide proof of ownership or a copy of a valid rental/lease agreement plus:
- Valid government issued ID,
- Telephone numbers
- Employment information, and
- Previous addresses for each adult resident of the property.
- Any outstanding charges owed to the City of Stockton by any adult resident of the premises plus any required fees, charges, and deposits, must be paid before an application can be approved.
- Fill out an application here. Applications are also accepted by phone at Utility Billing Customer Service or in person at our office during regular business hours. Required documents can be faxed to Utility Billing Customer Service.
- Services will be provided on the next business day following approval of the completed application.
- Property Owners/Managers: If you wish to create a standing request to automatically activate utility services in the owner's name when a tenant discontinues services, visit our Landlord Service Agreement page and submit a Landlord Service Agreement Form.
Owner Certification of Tenant Move Out
The Certification of Tenant Move Out form only needs to be completed at the request of a Utility Billing Customer Service Representative or Collector. If you are unsure whether this form is required or for further clarification, please contact one of our customer service representatives listed on our Contact Us page. Further follow-up may be required prior to activation of services.
California Water Company
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 9/6/2017