Park & Picnic Rentals

The City of Stockton has several reservable park and picnic areas to be used by the public on a first reserved basis.



  • Reservations can be made at any Community Center and at the Community Services Administrative Office located inside Cesar Chavez Library, second floor, at 605 N. El Dorado Street, 95202.
    • Reservations must be made in person and a deposit paid at time of booking.
  • Investment: $55.00 for an all-day rental (except Magpie Site).
  • Oak Park Magpie Fenced Area: $200.00 for an all-day rental (there is a specific Oak Park Magpie Picnic Rental Policy and keys to this area are required).


Picnic/Park Regulations

  • No alcoholic beverages allowed except beer, which is only allowed in designated picnic areas.
  • No glass bottles or containers allowed in the park.
  • Food/beverage license required to sell food to the public.
  • Pony rides, tents, and similar items require a Special Event Permit Application, as does amplified music (additional fees may apply for these types of activities and items).

Special Event Permit Requirements

If you are planning a Special Event at our park/picnic site, a Special Event Permit Application is required.


Definition of a Special Event: When an organized activity is conducted at any City park, building, street or other facility (on private or public property) in which the public is invited or admitted with a common purpose and any one or more of the following factors exist:

  • Fee is charged or money is collected
  • Alcohol and/or food will be sold
  • City facility will be closed to general use by the public or use by the general public will be denied in part or in whole
  • Location will be used beyond its normal capacity or typical range of uses
  • Activity on a street or other public place is impacted in a manner that disrupts the normal or usual traffic patterns, regulations or controls



External Links

There are currently no external links.

This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 5/12/2016