The City of Stockton Municipal Utilities Department is responsible for the collection, treatment and disposal of wastewater, also known as sewer. This vital service:
- supports public health,
- provides high-quality, safe, and reliable wastewater services at lowest possible cost, and
- also meets legal requirements, along with increasingly strict State and Federal Clean Water Standards and regulatory requirements.
On May 21, 2019, the City Council approved wastewater rates and charges for the next five year. New wastewater (sewer) rates are effective on July 1, 2019.
The approved monthly rate adjustments will allow the City to:
- Continue to meet, or exceed, all legal, Federal, and State regulatory requirements;
- Construct wastewater treatment plant upgrades to comply with new and stricter wastewater discharge limits by June 1, 2024;
- Properly operate and maintain the wastewater treatment plant, wastewater pipelines, and pump stations; and
- Maintain the long-term financial stability of wastewater operations.
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 7/16/2019