Crime Prevention Programs and Tips
Learn more about the Stockton Police Department's Crime Prevention Programs.
- Active Shooter Incidents - When armed persons are present in an area or enter an area with the objective to cause serious injury or death to many people. Learn what you can do to minimize your chances of becoming a victim.
- Alarms - To deter crime.
- Auto Theft Prevention - In 2009, the City of Stockton had 2,787 vehicles stolen. Many thefts involved unattended, unlocked cars warming up. Learn how to protect you and your vehicle.
- Business Watch - Information sharing with other businesses in your area.
- Crime Prevention and Reporting - Fight crime before it happens. Report crime and suspicious activity.
- Crime Free Multi-Housing Program - Reduce crime on rental property with a three-step approach, while staying tenant friendly.
- Identity Theft - Learn how to protect your personal information.
- Internet Fraud- Learn what to do if you are the victim of Internet fraud.
- Neighborhood Watch - Neighbors working together to stop crime.
- National Night Out - A once-a-year social event among members of the community and law enforcement to strengthen neighborhood spirit and police partnerships.
- Panhandlers - Consider donating to a nonprofit that addresses health, education, and income needs in our community.
- Personal Safety - Don't be a Victim!
- Scams and Cons Protection - What do you say if someone calls and offers a free gift just to verify your credit card? Learn what you should do.
- Sex Offender Maps
- California's Megan's Law provides the public with certain information on the locations of sex offenders, so communities can protect themselves and their children. Megan's Law is named after seven-year-old Megan Kanka, a New Jersey girl who was raped and killed by a known child molester who moved across the street without their knowledge. In the wake of the tragedy, the Kankas sought to have local communities warned about sex offenders in the area. All states now have a form of Megan's Law.
- Stockton Police Online Services
There are no external links on this page.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 6/17/2016