The Clean Sweep program is Stockton's annual clean up program for residents living in single-family homes, duplexes or triplexes. The program runs from February through October annually.
Clean Sweep is a City of Stockton program. If you live outside of Stockton's city limits or in County pockets, please see San Joaquin County Solid Waste Office using the contact information provided under the External Link below.
Clean Sweep piles are collected by appointment only. Residents must call their garbage company two weeks in advance of their requested appointment date.
If you are unsure which garbage company services your home, use the "About Your Address" feature to find your garbage company.
- Carpets and pads
- E-waste (TVs, computer monitors, VCRs)
- Up to six (6) 30-gallon bags of household waste or green waste
- Tires - a maximum of five (5) without rims
- NO dirt, rock or concrete.
- Clean concrete may be accepted by San Joaquin County Public Works Channel Maintenance. To learn more, please use the link provided under External Links below.
- NO loose, unbagged items
- NO bags over 40 pounds
- NO engines or engine parts
- NO car batteries
- NO hazardous waste (such as paint, motor oil, pesticides, pool chemicals, batteries, etc.).
- These materials can be properly disposed of at the San Joaquin County Household Hazardous Waste Facility. Please see External Links below.
- NO medical waste
- Over the counter and prescription medicine, as well as, medical sharps (syringes, hypodermic needles, and lancets) can be properly disposed of at the San Joaquin County Household Hazardous Waste Facility. Please see External Links below.
- NO infectious waste
- NO liquids
Preparing items for pickup
When you call your garbage company, they will provide detailed information on how to set out your pile. Here are a few guidelines to get you started.
- Put your discarded bulky items at the curb the evening before your scheduled pickup day.
- Items placed at curb should measure no more than 3 cubic yards (measurements: 3 feet high, 9 feet long and 3 feet wide).
- Do not place loose items at the curb. All items must be bagged or boxed.
- All bags or boxes must weigh 40 pounds or less when full and be strong enough to hold the items without breaking.
- Place items, at curbside, in the street in front of your residence and away from vehicles. Do not block traffic.
- Do not place your pile out until the night before collection. Placing material out before the approved time will result in Code Enforcement action for blocking the right-of-way and a possible fee for removal of the pile.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact your garbage company directly.
(209) 466-3604 (209) 946-5711
San Joaquin County Solid Waste Division - (209) 468-3066 for information about waste collection services for Stockton residents living outside the city limits.
San Joaquin County Household Hazardous Waste Facility - San Joaquin County facility where you can properly dispose of household hazardous waste.
San Joaquin County Channel Maintenance - (209) 468-9698
Republic Services - Corporate web page for the Stockton service area
Waste Management - Corporate web page for the Stockton service area
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 8/30/2017